About HOF Capital
HOF Capital is a technology venture capital firm. We invest at Seed and Series A in North America and Western Europe. HOF has an unusually broad portfolio acceleration platform comprising 9 full-time staff and offices in New York (HQ) and London, as well as Venture Partners in San Francisco, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, and Taipei. HOF is backed by leading multinational corporations and family offices which view HOF as the best way to work with the US innovation economy. Among our initial investors are Orascom Group, the Godrej Group and Dallah Albaraka.
HOF Capital is looking to partner with one or more researchers to co-author some research with us. The best fit for this is a team of graduate students, likely MBAs.
We have experience doing this. For example, in 2011-13, our Partner David Teten worked with a team of three Columbia MBAs (ex-McKinsey and BCG consultants) on a research study on Best Practices of Venture Capitalists in Increasing the Value of Portfolio Companies. They earned an A in their course, and the article was the most-viewed study in the Journal of Private Equity for the year following its publication. The coauthors later published this research in many leading publications.
- Carry out in-depth company and industry research for an agreed-upon topic of interest. We are primarily currently interested in:
- How, and should, blockchain technology be used in developing economies? Internal sponsor: David Teten, Fady Yacoub
- Market map of microsatellites, and low-cost aerospace endeavors, e.g., CubeSat Technologies. Internal sponsor: Karim Fattal
- Investment opportunities in information warfare (i.e., what the Russians did to America in the 2016 elections). Internal sponsor: Onsi Sawiris, Karim Fattal
- How the MENA Region Can Leverage Israeli Technology. Internal sponsor: David Teten, Samantha Feinstein
- Investment opportunities in gene editing and the underlying ecosystem of technology enabling service delivery. Internal sponsor: Hisham El Haddad, Victor Wang
- Investment opportunities across the digital currency ecosystem. Internal sponsor: Hisham El Haddad
- Alternatives to the alternatives: alternative energy sources as good as, or better than, conventional sources at lower prices and at scale (e.g., Meta Materials & Solar enhancement in the Sahara). Internal sponsor: Fady Yacoub
- Opportunities to use Enterprise SaaS at larger corporates (e.g., Adidas, Orascom Construction, Switch Supernap, Italiaonline, LaMancha, etc.). Internal sponsor: Onsi Sawiris
- Market map of investment opportunities in next-generation user interfaces, e.g., voice command, brain-computer interfaces, etc. Internal sponsor: Victor Wang
- We plan to publish this research in the form of a white paper and in short form in leading publications such as Forbes, TechCrunch, PE Hub, etc. In addition, we plan to present this research at industry conferences.
- Prefer a team of graduate students (MBA/PhD/MS/etc.)
- Prefer experience as a strategy consultant or investment research analyst or member of a relevant high growth start-up in the space in question
- Prefer that you are executing this research for a class or independent (for-credit) research
- Creative, takes initiative within both the creative and analytical sphere
- You will have ownership of your own writing projects and manage these projects from start to finish
- We can help provide you with research materials, guidance, introductions to interviewees and other experts, and access to unique data sets
- Work in a creative, future-focused setting
- HOF is well established enough to have product-market fit, while young enough that you can have a significant impact on our trajectory/culture
Start Dates: ASAP
How to apply
Please include your proposed research topic(s); your full resume (and your team members’ where applicable); the course for which you are writing the paper; your professor’s name and website; timeline; and your targeted deliverable (length, format, detailed table of contents, etc.).
To apply, please submit the above application requirements via email to: [email protected]