Intern (software development experience required)
About HOF Capital
HOF Capital is a technology venture capital firm. We typically invest at Seed and Series A in North America and Western Europe, and opportunistically in later-stage companies. HOF has an unusually broad portfolio acceleration platform comprising 9 full-time staff; offices in New York (HQ) and London; and an international network. We are backed by leading multinational corporations which view HOF as the best way to work with the US innovation economy, including the Orascom Group, the Godrej Group and Dallah Albaraka.
Our internships offer top-tier technically-minded university students and alumni an opportunity to gain valuable experience in venture capital. We are looking for entrepreneurial, intelligent, and friendly tech enthusiasts. Interns will interact directly with senior team members and will learn how the industry works through firsthand experience. We welcome applications throughout the year, and our internships typically range from 3 – 6 months.
- Review investment opportunities
- Attend meetings and calls with potential investment prospects
- Conduct market and competitive research
- Develop software tools to automate various internal processes
- Derive insights to help predict future investment performance from historical data
- Assist with other fund-related activities as needed
- History of high achievement, as demonstrated through academic performance and prior work or internship experience
- Prior software development experience using a scripted language, such as Python or Ruby
- An understanding of statistics and probability
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated
- Friendly and personable
- Passionate about technology
Note that this is an unpaid, educational-focused internship program for candidates who are genuinely interested in learning what it’s like to be a venture capital investor. We do not sponsor visas for international students.
Start Date: Flexible
Hours: 40 hours/week during the fall, winter, and/or spring semester to be eligible for this internship
Compensation: Unpaid (can receive school credit)
How to Apply
Send a detailed resume (including scores for any standardized tests that you have taken) & cover note explaining why you are interested in this internship program to [email protected].
We believe in treating each applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. The right way to attract, retain, and develop the best talent in our industry who share our passion is to base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, family care status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law, and we pledge to do so.